Beans beans the magical fruit, the more you eat.... Actually beans are quite healthy for you! Let's look at some of the facts.
- They are one of the world's oldest cultivated crops.
- May also be referred to as peas, legumes, and lentils
- Black, pinto, and kidney beans are the most commonly used beans, but there are many varieties.
- Great source of Protein
- Some beans actually contain toxins, but thorough cooking destroys it.
- Tons of fiber.
- Beans contain oligosaccharides, which is why they cause flatulence.
- Brazil is the top producer of beans.
- China is the top producer of green beans.
Why Should it be in Your Food Storage?
- Tons of Uses
- High Fiber aids in digestion
- Protein and complex carbs are great as a meat alternative.
- Nutritionally Dense
Join me next week for Part II on beans.