Friday, August 6, 2010

Publix Trip 8/6/10

I spent $24.10 for $115.67 worth of groceries, saving $91.57 or 79%

Check out my original shopping list here.

Added:
(2) Glad Wrap @ 10/$10
       (2) 75¢/1 from Publix Simple Entertaining Booklet
(2) Additional Crystal Light Pure Fitness BOGO $2.99
        -(1) $2/1 Vocal Point mailer
(1) Vitamin B-6 $3.59
(1) Additional Wheat-Thin @ $2.50
     -$1/1 Tear Pad
     -Free wyb (2) Crystal Light Pure Fitness Tearpad 
(2) Vlasic Pickles BOGO $2.69
     -(2) 75¢/1 Blinkies
(1) Berio Olive Oil $3.99
     -$1/1 wyb 2 Ronzoni Healthy Harvest (found on the Healthy Harvest)
(1) Publix Turkey $3.99

Deleted:
(1) Vitamin D (They only had 3 left, so I opted for the Vitamin B-6)
(2) Crest Toothpaste (My P&G did not have the $1 coupon...)

Prices, Price Changes, and Coupon Changes:
Ronzoni BOGO $1.79 not $2.19 (I actually think I might have typed it wrong last time...)
Ragu BOGO $2.59 not $2.19
Juicy Juice BOGO $2.99 not $2.65
Sundown Vitamin D $2.99
Mott's Applesauce $1.89
Publix Applesauce $1.59 (free with promotion)
Chef Boyardee $1.49
Publix Ravioli 99¢ (free with promotion)
Pampers Wipes $2.99 (free!)
    -50¢/1 Homemailer

-$5/$50 Purchase Gordon FoodMarket Coupon (I asked and they take it! I get these all the time...)


So I was super excited about all the overage deals on things I needed/use. For example since the Wheat Thins coupon for the free item was a Publix coupon, I could use the $1/1 manufacturer's coupons. Since I received all of the Crystal Light for free, it was a really great deal! The Sundown Vitamins also netted me $5.44. I also got 50¢ on the wipes. So about $8 total!
I also learned when I got home that inside the wipes package is a $1/1 coupon for the refills! My Sundown vitamins have peelies on the top which will be good when I buy more.
As for the actual trip it was a good one, except I had a very slow cashier. She must be fairly new because she had to ask how to do competitor's coupons and seemed to have trouble looking things up on the screen. I felt bad for the guy behind me who only had a few things (for some reason they didn't have any express lanes open, and both lanes open had people with a lot of stuff and/or coupons...), but once he saw how much I saved he was impressed. Hope you guys had a great week as well!

7 comments:

  1. You go girl! You did Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on your savings!

    I would love it, if you would link up you savings, at the Weekly Savings Linky @
    Frugality Is Free

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you from SW FL? Sorry if this is totally random, but I was reading the I heart Publix forums and saw multiple posts from someone named "frugalandprovident." I am also from SW FL and was wondering what Publix you shop at because of the forum posts that you said you never have coupon trouble at your store? I haven't had "trouble" per se, but I have had some nasty cashiers so I was just wondering

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am from SW FL. I live in Cape Coral, what part of SW FL do you live in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in Fort Myers! I shop 3-4 Publix stores here depending on what other errands I have to do, and it seems like each week my "good" and "bad" experiences with coupons fluctuate between stores, even when I do everything the same. I want to shop at a good, consistent Publix and just can't seem to find one

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Publix I shop at is in North Cape Coral, it's not actually the closest to me, but still close enough. From Ft. Myers it would be a bit of a drive.

    Have you tried calling around? There are so many Publix around here, one is bound to be great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah that might be kind of far, plus $2 bridge toll.

    I've kind of just been trying different ones. I live literally right behind a Publix...like I could walk there... so it's a bit tiring driving all over the place. At one, the cashiers are good and managers are awful. I went to get a great deal on mascara (40% off this/last week, plus $1 off IP, plus $2 off PQ = .62 cent Maybelline!) and the manager literally stopped talking to the bagger and gave her that "look" for a good 20 seconds and then awkwardly finished my transaction. I've also had other managers at the service desk blatantly roll their eyes at me, huff and puff, and do the same "look" thing when I had an item ring up at a higher price than advertised.

    ReplyDelete