For other great uses for everyday things, click here.
There are so many interesting uses for rubber bands. Check out the list below.
- Open Jars. Wrap the rubber band around the lid for extra grip.
- Decorate Easter Eggs. Use it to make fun designs on the egg.
- Use it to keep delicate things safe in the dishwasher. Tether stemware to the rack.
- Wrap a small gift. Use it in place of ribbon, and you'll have a modern decoration to your wrapping.
- As an eraser. Make a small rubber band ball and voila erase!
- Mark the liquid level on paint cans and other things in the garage by wrapping a rubber band on the outside at the level of the liquid.
- Paintbrush scraper. Wrap a rubber band from top to bottom to wipe your brush off on.(This way you don't end up dripping paint all on the outside of the can.)
- Pencil grip. Wrap around the bottom of the pencil for a cheap pencil grip.
- Cord Shortener. Wrap the excess cord with a rubber band.
- Tie dye. This one is obvious, but tie dye can be really fun to do with kids.
- Emergency ponytail holder. Again, sort of obvious, but good for listing sake.
- Organization. Organize pencils, papers, flowers, utensils, just about anything.
- Thick Rubber bands can be used to make labels on jars. Just wrap it around and label it.
- Wrap it around disposable razors for a better grip (especially good for the cheap ones...)
- Keep food fresh by folding over the bag and wrapping it with a rubber band. This works for chips, flour, salad, frozen vegetables, etc.
- Bookmark. Wrap a rubber band around the front cover to whatever page you stopped on.
- Storing posters. Kind of obvious, but roll up the poster and wrap it with a rubber band. (Not to tight though or you might damage it).
- Slingshot/catapult. We all did this as a kid.
- Limit the liquid soap dispenser. Just wrap it around the top (under where it dispenses), so that you use less soap.
- Keep your cutting board in place by wrapping a rubber band on two ends. It will act as a non-slip grip.
- Use it as a reminder. Wrap one around your wrist for a reminder to do something, or maybe as an incentive not to do something (as in snapping it every time you bite your nails.)
- Make musical instruments! Here's a rubber band guitar, but there are many more!
Do you have a great use for rubber bands? Share it below and I will add it to the list!