- Packing Material. Cut it up and use it like packing peanuts.
- Make it into a game for kids, by putting numbers in each cup and tossing small balls into the cup. Whoever scores the highest wins.
- Storage for little items. Especially good for crafts (like beads) or kids items (marbles, barbie items, legos)
- Palette. I used this several times when I was a kid. Keeps the colors separated and easy to use, and you can just toss it when you are done.
- Jewelry organizer. You can decorate it first, and then use it in a drawer to keep jewelry from tangling. You can also easily poke earrings through the styrofoam.
- Seed starting. (Really tons of things can be used as a seed starter, I feel like this comes on the list a ton)
- Candles. Egg cartons make a great mold for small candles.
- Fire starter. (This is only for cardboard egg cartons). Fill the cartons with dryer lint, and then pore melted wax over the lint. You can tear apart the sections and use for fire starters when you are camping, or in your fireplace. Use left over candle pieces for the melted wax.
- Golf Ball Storage. I think that's pretty self-explanatory.
- Money Box. Use it as a money box for yard sales.
- Christmas Storage. Great to store small ornaments.
- Organize in the garage. Use it to separate nuts, bolts, screws, and nails.
- Use it to store light-bulbs for those small items like night-lights.
- Art Projects. Check out this one.
- Other Crafts. I remember cutting out the cups and threading a pipe cleaner through to make flowers.
- Donate them. There are plenty of schools and other organizations that seek out these versatile tools.
- Store the plastic easter eggs in egg cartons for storage.
- Make a trashcan out of several.
If one of these ideas doesn't work for you, or you have too many egg cartons to work with, there are places to recycle them. I know Publix has a bin outside of their stores where you can put the styrofoam kind. The cardboard kind should be recyclable anywhere cardboard is accepted.
Do you have an idea to share on how to use egg cartons? Share below and I will add it to the list.