- Origin is a but of mystery. Ideas include China, Africa, Greece, Italy, and Israel.
- Italy actually has laws as to how pasta can be made.
- Traditionally cooked al dente meaning firm to the bite.
- Tons of varieties. In fact there are over 600 worldwide.
- Source of complex carbs.
Why Should it be in Your Food Storage?
- Relatively inexpensive
- Great for use as a main dish or a side dish.
- Good source of fiber and other minerals
- Great comfort food. Seems silly now, but in times of great stress you might be happy to eat spaghetti or mac and cheese.
As usual join me in two weeks to learn more about the most common varieties.