Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Favorites- Recipe!

One of my favorite dishes to make is my version of Beef Stroganoff. It's one of my husband's favorite dishes, so I serve it often. I hope you'll enjoy it as well. I don't have a formal recipe, but these are my best approximations.

Beef Stroganoff
Ingredients
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 lb of Beef for Stewing
1 Tbsp minced Garlic
1 Small Onion, diced
6 White Mushrooms, diced
2 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 Package Egg Noodles prepared

Directions
1. Heat oil in a large deep-frying pan with lid over medium heat. Brown the beef, garlic, onion, and mushrooms.
2. When items are browned add enough water (about 4-6 cups) to the pan to cover the meat. Add the Worchestershire sauce and the salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer.
4. Simmer until meat is tender and able to be broken into smaller pieces and water has reduced to about
1 1/2 cups. Remove from heat.
5. In a small cup, mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup cold water. Stir mixture into pan. Return to burner and bring to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring often. Boil for 1 minute then remove from heat.
6. Let stand for about 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Serve over noodles.

Makes 6-8 portions.

Enjoy!
blog comments powered by Disqus