I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I hate over ripe bananas. Once they get all dark (and super sugary!) I just will not eat them. So if you are like me, here is a list of things you can do with those over ripe bananas.
- I often make banana bread. There are tons of recipes out there for this, so I recommend looking for one that meets your fancy.
- Banana pancakes!
- Make a banana smoothie.
- Banana Nut Muffins
- Frozen Banana Pops! Stick a popsicle stick in it, coat with melted chocolate, wrap in plastic wrap and then freeze.
- Banana Soup (haven't personally tried it, but could be good)
- Use them as a fertilizer.
- Baked or fried bananas.
- Make banana chips.
- Banana pudding
- Ok so really the recipes are endless
I should mention as an added tip, that generally I only end up with one banana that has hit that point that I won't eat it, but one banana is hardly enough for most of these recipes, so I just stick them in the freezer and use as I need them.