Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How Do I Use it?


So starting week I am going to start a series on here called "How Do I Use It?" I think the scariest thing about long term food storage is not know how to use the things you have stored. This can be so daunting to most people that they don't even bother to try storing food. It's a real problem, especially in this day and age where we're used to cooking from a box or from the freezer, when we do make homemade meals it's usually with some sort of short cut cooking (i.e. you didn't make everything from scratch), so when faced with things like dry beans, wheat, oats, etc. we feel a little overwhelmed.

So for several weeks I am going to be taking each food item and breaking it down for you. How to work with it, how to cook with it, how it fits into your diet, and any other information you could possibly want to know about it. The end result will be that you will be comfortable, so should the day ever come that you need to use your food storage you will be able to!

So what I would love from you this week is to send me any questions you have about food storage.
blog comments powered by Disqus