Sorry this is a little late today...
It's the holiday season and that means baking! Here's a great recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. It's great if you love your cookies chewy.
Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1. Adjust rack to center of oven and heat to 325. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
2. In a large bowl, beat the melted butter and sugars together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl and beaters as needed.
3. Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture until combined, about 30 seconds. Mix in the chips until incorporated.
4. Working with 2 tablespoons of dough at a time, roll the dough into balls and lay them on the baking sheets, spaced about 2 inches apart. Bake the cookies, one sheet at a time, until the edges are set and beginning to brown but the centers are still soft and puffy, 15-20 min, rotating the sheet halfway through baking.
5. Let cookies cook on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Makes about 24 cookies.