- Limit your shampoos, conditioners, body washes, etc. You can do this by sharing the same product with another family member, or at the very least make sure that each person doesn't have several shampoos, conditioners, etc. It easily happens when you decide you want to try something new, but haven't finished the old.
- This leads to the next point, which is to purge the old. If you've got medicines that have expired, dispose of them. If you have make-up that's a pretty old, get rid of it. If you have toiletries that were given to you as gifts, but you haven't used them, give them away to a charity. If you have several tubes of toothpaste that have just a little left in there, it's probably best to toss them.
- Figure out if you can move things to other places. If you have a cabinet or closet that is half filled with toilet paper and extra toiletries and you can't fit your towels in there, maybe consider another closet or maybe even the laundry room or garage. If your drawers are filled with make-up, consider a vanity in your bedroom.
- Invest in some storage containers to control what you do keep in the bathroom. Containers can keep like things together, and often provide more storage in the storage areas you have.
- Find a solution for your kids toys. There are tons of fun toy holders for the bathroom. If you're like me and your child's bathroom is also the guest bathroom, it may be wise to find a home out of the way for the toys because I don't know too many people who want to navigate through toys to use the bathroom.
- Try to keep things off the counter. Use the methods above to keep as much as you can off the counter top. The reason is simple, if you always knock stuff over to simply wash your hands, it can be really frustrating. You certainly don't want to start your day by seeing clutter in your bathroom as well.
- Create habits by always putting back things where they belong. Train the rest of the family to do the same (hard, I know!).
I hope these tips help! If you have any tips, please feel free to share below.