Thursday, May 19, 2011

Publix Coupon Policy

As many of you know, Publix is rolling out it's new coupon policy. Check-out Michelle's post on it here.

Honestly, it's similar to what most people already have been dealing with. For some people it has changed their competitor's a little bit, but it's also forced stores to put who their competitors are in writing, which stops that variance from store-to-store, manager-to-manager, and cashier-to-cashier.

One thing it didn't make clear is overage. It almost seems that it is allowed now, but you'll have to ask your Publix. I heard from a cashier in my area who just got out of the meeting about the policy change that she was told by her manager that if the end balance is negative the drawer will open and the customer will receive money back. I was shocked becaused this was at a store that I hated going to because I had to fight them just to lower the coupon value to not get overage.

When I went to my store last week, they had their new competitor's poster up and it listed Save-a-lot, Target, Winn-Dixie, and Sweetbay. Definitely fair to me. They didn't hand me one of the new policies, but they didn't stop any overage, but like I said in my show-and-tell post there was that whole accident in the parking lot, so they might have been a little distracted.

So what are your thoughts on the policy? Any thing you are glad to see? Any new troubles at your store that you didn't have before? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
blog comments powered by Disqus