- Experts believe it originated in the South Pacific 8,000 years ago.
- First mention of it is from an officer in Alexander's army about 325 BC
- Used to be a luxury in Europe.
- Columbus brought it to the America's on his second voyage.
- Sugar is product of photosynthesis.
- Found in all plants, but highest concentration in sugar cane and sugar beet plants.
Why Should You Store It?
- If stored properly, it will last indefinitely.
- Has many different uses for a ton of different recipes.
- Provides energy to the body.