Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Recipe- Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns

I'll be honest, I haven't made this recipe yet, but I do consider myself fortunate in that I can read a recipe and tell if it is going to taste good, and this recipe looks amazing. I'm excited to try it in the very near future.

One thing that has always driven me insane is that whole wheat versions of any product at the store costs significantly more then the white version. This is odd to me since technically white products require more processing, but the reason is simple the demand is there for processed over whole foods. Simple supply and demand means the thing that is demanded more will often be cheaper. So that being said I am always searching for ways to make the whole grain version of foods.

Some people cannot stand whole grain products, but the more you eat them the more you will wonder why you ate the bland white products before. White products often require the addition of lots of sugar and/or salt to give them flavor, while whole grains have a natural flavor. We've come to love wheat bread over white, brown rice over white, whole grain pancakes, pizza crust, and muffins over the regular alternative, now eating the regular just doesn't seem as tasty.
blog comments powered by Disqus