Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Uses for Leftover Rice


Maybe it's just me, but I feel like every time I make rice there is always some leftover. It doesn't matter if I made it for a side dish or part of a meal there is always some left. I then try to figure out how to use it when I don't really want to eat just regular rice. Here's a few ideas if you have the same perdicament as me.
  • Fried Rice. There are tons of recipes out there for it and leftover rice works perfectly in it.
  • Rice Salad. A nice mix of rice, veggies, and other ingredients.
  • Burritos. Yum.
  • Stuffed Peppers.
  • Soup. There are countless soups you can add rice to instead of pasta.
  • Rice Pudding.
  • Rice Patty Pancakes. Mix egg and rice, pour into pan.
  • Casseroles
  • Beans and Rice,
  • Rice Frittata
  • Mix with milk and sugar (or honey, brown sugar) and heat it in the microwave for a dessert or even breakfast.
  • Freeze it. Rice freezes pretty well.
Do you have a suggestion? Leave a comment below, and I will add it to the list.
blog comments powered by Disqus