Publix has another one of thier awesome promotions coming up called "The Best Meals Happen at Home." Some of my best family memories are the meals that we prepared and ate together. Today it can be hard to get a homecooked meal on the table with all that we have to do. A fast meal does not have to mean fast food or frozen meals. That's what Publix's Best Meals Happen at Home is all about. Fast, Easy, Delicious food you can make at home in 30 min or less!
So what fun things can you find as part of "the Best Meals Happen at Home" event?
- In store savings on some great brands like General Mills March 8th-14th
- In store coupons available starting March 8th that don't expire until March 28, 2012
- Tons of great recipes found at BestMealsatHome.com. While you are there you can also sign up for their e-mails to receive recipes and coupons that could save you up to $200 this year.
To kick-off this great event, Publix invites you to visit BestMealsatHome.com and try one of their great recipes like this one for Crunchy Chicken Nuggets, which uses Cheerios to make some yummy nuggets.
Crunchy Chicken Nuggets
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Assemble and refridgerate chicken nuggets up to 24 hours for an easy weeknight meal.
2 Cups Cheerios Cereal
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. mustard
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 400°. Spray with cooking spray or lightly grease 13x9-inch pan.
- Finely crush cereal. Stir together cereal, salt and pepper; set aside. In a medium bowl, stir together milk, honey, and mustard until blended. Dip chicken into milk mixture; coat with cereal mixture. Place chicken in pan; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden and chicken is no longer pink in center.
Serve nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce- BBQ, ketchup, or honey.
Publix, General Mills, and myblogspark also want to help you make your savings go even further by offering one of my readers a $25 gift card. I was excited to receive mine, and sure I can stretch it pretty far, but I'm sure you guys can stretch it too, especially with the great sales at Publix!
You can enter several ways, and I'm happy to introduce our new giveaway format: Rafflecopter. Use the handy form below to make all of your entries:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: The Publix gift card, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. All writing and opinions are my own.